Sunday, November 20, 2005

As of now, I've set aside a number of PS2 games. These games include those I have already finished and those I've tried and have no interest to continue. The number of games in these two categories is SIXTY! One-third of the games were given to me by Jerry (my uncle) and the rest were bought, usually out of impulse. Think of all the money that went in, especially for those that I have played only a moment. It is such a waste and I'm feeling regretful now.

Therefore, I am striving to be selective in the games that I purchase from today onwards. So before purchasing a title, I will:
- Check and see that the game is highly rated.
- Make sure I truly like it.
- Not rely solely on the opinion of others and judge for myself.
- Read a review of the game in well-known websites i.e. Gamespot or IGN.
- Try it out and make sure its good.

Of all the games I own for the PS2, there are only a few titles that I have thoroughly enjoyed so far, and these are:
- Burnout Revenge
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 (latest DBZ:Tenkachi sucks)
- FIFA Street
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2
- God of War
- Lego Star Wars (perfect for family)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Prince of Persia (since Sands of Time)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Tekken 5

Other games for PC (and other consoles) that I strongly recommend are:
- Black & White 2
- F.E.A.R. (Best FPS ever!)
- Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Republic Commando

1 Comment:

  1. Richard Dun and Mario Dun said...
    I disagree with your Black and White 2 pick. The controls which is 80% of the gameplay is atrocious. It's not just the mapping of the keys but the mouse, and the camera controls.

    It's just not intuitive. The way you have hold right click instead of left click to drag the screen view around. The most often used view control should be controlled with the most used index finger. And they dont allow you to change it.

    There's also a lot of other controls that don't make sense. Like troop deployment and fighting. Fighting and moving them around are a chore. Because you can't click a box around them and tell them to attack.

Post a Comment